Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mid-Week Update

If you read my previous post you know that Chad's work schedule this week is 6pm-6am because of the base exercise. Chad is not liking his shift because not only is it at night but it's for 12 hours! I don't really enjoy going to bed alone at night but it really hasn't been that bad. We've been able to do things during the day that usually we wouldn't get a chance to do together.

On Monday, we went to the vehicle registration office on Camp Foster, which is a Marine base down the road. We had to pick up my road tax sticker for my car. Chad was suppose to meet up with the lady who we bought his car from on Monday to do all the paperwork to get the car in his name. Well we waited all morning for her to call us back and go to find out she needs her car until next Monday because the military changed her work schedule on her. We were bummed to hear this, but what could we do? So Chad has to wait a week to get his car. It kind of sucks because next week Chad will be back to working days and he won't have as much time to do all the running around he needs to get done to get his car. This week would have been perfect for that. Chad can't drive my car to work since it's not registered on the bomb dump. He has been driving my car to the dorms this week and getting a ride from someone in his shop there. I don't mind not having a car at night since everything on base practically closes at 8PM anyways.

This week we were also able to check out Uncle Sam's Attic, commonly referred to as the Airman's Attic on other bases. I guess it's called Uncle Sam's here since they want it to be known it's open to all branches of the military. It's also known as the Kadena Thrift Store because that's what it is. It's a thrift store where you can donate items and also buy used items. If you are an E1-E4 rank then you can sign up for Thrift Store Bucks, where you can get $40 (without children) or $80 (with children) EVERY month to spend there. It's not a huge store, but that could come in handy if you're looking for something! I purchased a printer for $6. I have one coming in our shipment but I don't really like it because if one of the color ink is out, then it won't even let you print black ink! That's dumb! So I bought this printer hoping it would work and not be the same way. I cleaned it up when we got home and it's actually really nice! It has a copier and scanner right on it. It works well!

Since Chad has been working long hours, I decided to pick up a puzzle at the BX to keep me occupied. I got one of Kinkaku-ji, which is a Zen Buddist temple in Japan. I opened it up and the pieces were TINY! I couldn't believe how small they were. I guess the words, "World's Smallest 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle" on the box should have told me that! Wow! I decided to give it a try anyways. I'm not going to lie, it sucked. It was one of those puzzles where the pieces could seem like they fit in like 5 different places if you didn't look very closely. I worked diligently at it in my spare time (I've got lots of that lately!) and completed it in only 2 days! The puzzle actually came with glue to glue it together, I thought that was cool. So we glued it together and I'm going to find a frame to hang it on our wall somewhere.
Other than straining my eyes trying to put together the world's smallest puzzle, I have also been working out everyday. I am currently on week 2 of the TurboFire program. I love working out and I'm trying to get my body addicted to it again like I was about a year ago. So far so good. I love the natural high I get from a good workout!

This blog post is getting pretty long - and here I started off writing thinking I didn't have much of an update - but I have one more thing to share. Today I went to the BX and bought 4 bottles of Pantene, 2 bottles of Head and Shoulders, 1 Dial Hand Soap, and Tide Laundry Detergent... I only spent $11.60 because of all the coupons I had! I thought that was a good deal! I saved $23 and now Chad and I are stocked up on Shampoo and Conditioner for a long time! Pantene was on sale this week, so I had previously bought 4 bottles in another shopping trip. I only use Pantene, so I figured I might as well buy it while it's on sale and I have coupons to go on top of the sale price! Heck yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment